convocatoria | CALL FOR PAPERS
After two successful events in Leuven, Belgium (2009), and Brno, Czech Republic (2011), the 3rd WTA International PhD symposium will take place in Stuttgart, Germany from 25 to 27 September 2014. PhD candidates will have the opportunity to present their research and to exchange knowledge.
– Provide forum for PhD candidates to present their research.
– Discuss the results of ongoing PhD studies to support future work.
– Give PhD candidates the opportunity to establish contacts within the international scientific community.
– Compare PhD programs of various countries.
Call for Papers
The scientific committee invites PhD candidates to submit papers related to the following areas:
– Conservation principles, rehabilitation and conservation
– Climate impact on cultural heritage monuments and objects
– Building Materials and building technologies for preservation
– Analysis and assessment of masonry structures
– Timber construction and historic wooden buildings
– Smart monitoring and non-destructive / minimal-invasive testing
– Simulation and modeling methods
– Energy efficiency of historic buildings
All papers will be reviewed for presentation and publication in the symposium proceedings. Abstract and paper submission guidelines and templates will be provided by the symposium secretariat.
Paper Submission Deadlines
31 Dec. 2013 Submission of an electronic copy of the abstract
15 Feb. 2014 Notification of acceptance of abstracts
1 April 2014 Submission of an electronic copy of the full paper
15 May 2014 Notification of acceptance and reviewers’ comments
31 July 2014 Submission of final version of the full paper